Wednesday, December 9, 2015

health in a glass

This is the morning shake that has kept me alive during this AIP. It really has grown on me and I think it will stay in my life long after the AIP is over.

First step, take two big handfuls of raw spinach and put them in your glass. I use a Nutribullet, by the way. It is awesome and blends everything to perfection.


Next, pour in as many frozen blueberries as you want! Please excuse my cloudy glass, it is well used.


Next, put in some protein powder. Right now, I am using Vega, which is a vegan pea protein since I can't have whey (dairy product). You can use whatever flavor you want, I use vanilla.






Now I put in a few heaping scoops of hemp hearts and ground flaxseed. Hemp hearts don't seem to congeal the way chia seeds do. Make sure your flaxseed is ground or else it will just travel right through you without giving you any health benefits!





Now fill it up with water or any other liquid of your choice! Normally I would use almond milk but I can't have that right now.





With the Nutribullet, it blends everything down so you don't have to worry about getting weird strings of spinach in your drink. Also, because it is blended and not juiced, you don't lose any nutrients or fiber!





It ain't pretty but it is tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment