Wednesday, January 4, 2017

relentless positivity

In 2007, I had my gallbladder removed after 4 years of escalating symptoms. I thought I would be home free once I recovered; however, what has followed has been nearly 10 years of pain, discomfort and questions.

In 2008, I had a colonoscopy to try to determine why I was still so sick. They weren't able to come up with a reason but they did find pre-cancerous polyps. If left alone, those polyps would've turned into colon cancer by now. I consider my sickness to be a blessing of sorts, because I could be dead today if they hadn't discovered the polyps. I have no family history and no reason to get that checked out. Now I have a colonoscopy every 3 years to make sure I don't get colon cancer.

In 2015, I went to the dermatologist to figure out why my hair was falling out. Again, no answers to that but that is when my highly inflammed blood was looked at and I was sent to see a liver doctor. So I guess thinning hair could be considered a blessing here because it got a doctor to actually look at what my body was saying.

If none of that had happened, I could be dead. If I don't make changes, I will be dead.

It's all terrible, yes, but it could be so much worse!!!

I choose to look at all these problems as opportunities, and I think that is what will make the difference.

Also, I'm 7 days sober and feeling good about it!

Also also, REALLY hoping that lowered blood inflammation and a happy liver will make my hair healthy again....#vanity

No comments:

Post a Comment