Tuesday, December 8, 2015

who's down with AIP? yeah, you know me!

I am nearly done with my two weeks on the AIP (autoimmune protocol). I'm not going to lie--it sucks. It is severely restrictive and rigid.

I posted about it on Facebook last week and apparently some people think this is a new diet plan, like Atkin's or South Beach. It is most definitely not! You wouldn't want to do this for weight loss because I don't think it is sustainable in the long run.

I took this drastic route because my body is incredibly inflamed and by taking every possible inflammatory food out of my system, the hope is that my gut will heal and the inflammation will subside.

To say that I miss bread is an understatement. I would scarf down an entire loaf right this second if I could! I've been living on my green shake (which I will post about sometime), veggies and guac, chicken and steak and berries. It makes it basically impossible to ever leave the house because you can't NOT be in control of what food is available.

This is just the first step in trying to heal the brokenness I've been living with the past 8 years. I'm far from done but it is a step forward.

I shall leave you with this:



No comments:

Post a Comment