Well, so far at least!
I have a plan. My much awaited, much dreamed about plan. It all materialized the other day.
1. A daily walk of 30 minutes. 5 minutes to warm up, 5 minutes to cool down, 20 minutes of active walking. I am tracking my distance for those 30 minutes. At the end of January, I hope to have doubled the distance I did on the first day in the same amount of time. This is where the magic happens:
2. I start each morning with a fruit and veggie smoothie. I got a Nutribullet for Christmas and it just might be the best gift ever! I fill it up with two cups of spinach, one cup of fruit, some flax seed, hemp seed and almonds. Sometimes a little vanilla protein powder. Delicious!
3. For either lunch or dinner, I have a raw meal shake--it isn't the tastiest thing around but it's edible.
4. Have a reasonable lunch or dinner.
5. Track calories via the LoseIt app.
6. Track steps using my FitBit. Aim for 10k per day.
It's been two days. I feel great. I am focusing on these 6 things. I am fighting every urge I have to do it perfect. I am trying to be reasonable and persistent and forget about the perfection.
Also, I forgot to post my weigh in yesterday. Decided to start over--what was I thinking, trying to start losing weight before Christmas? So stay tuned for next week--it will hopefully be evidence of all my hard work!