Thursday, October 10, 2013

a wake up call

For the past two weeks, I've been working a TON.  For those of you that spend 50+ hours per week at the office, the amount of time I've spent working is nothing.  But to me, it has been a huge deal.

I am working 17 hours a week at a temp job and then have been working on a corporate coaching gig about 10 hours a week.  But at night I spend more hours working to prep for the next day.  And most of this is done without daycare, during school hours.  If it wasn't for my awesome mom, I would be dying.  Actually, there is no possible way I could do it without her help!

What I've learned:
  • Working is VERY good for my brain.  I like to be productive.  I like getting out and interacting with people.
  • Working is VERY good for my savings account!  In June my spousal support drops $400/month so I am working to build up a nice little pile of cash to make that less of a shock.
  • Working is VERY bad for my weight!  I feel like I've gained 10 pounds in the last two weeks by just eating out too much and eating crappy food in general.  I feel gross.

 On Saturday, I have a blissful day of nothingness ahead of me.  I will be doing some fun things, like getting my brows waxed and my nails done.  I will also do boring things like de-crap this house and finally do the dishes.  I am greatly looking forward to having some breathing room.

How do other single moms do it?  I am exhausted--I can't live like this long term.  At least I know there is an end in sight.  I don't think I could bear this level of activity if there was no foreseeable end in sight. 

All the more reason for me to work smarter at building my business!  Ideal work schedule? 30 per week.  That is about all this gal wants to put in.  I love making money but I like having a life too.  By owning my own business, this is a possibility!

So stay tuned!  November 18 is quickly approaching--the official kick off to the Year of Living Healthfully!

I made a Facebook group for it--let me know if you want to join me.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to join the your new Facebook page - please add me!

    ReplyDelete